Wednesday, March 28, 2018

New beginning

While I'm re-starting my blog, I am still a very devoted fan of Jung Dong Ha, but I have to admit, I do feel a little different. 
My previous blog  jungdongha.blogger.com, originated out of sheer excitement with a new discovery of a wonderful singer in a far-away country.
This time, it's going to be more like solid cheering for him, by someone who knows him well, and is aware of his past, and current endeavors. I already know who he is, and what he is capable of, as an artist. So I want to keep saying "Go, go go, Jung Dong Ha! Keep going!"

The past 4 years consisted of excitement, and adventure. Excitement of finding him, and going through countless of videos, and audios. Excitement of meeting new friends online, who shared their knowledge with me about him, whenever I had questions. I followed his appearances on TV, his concerts, his interviews . It was so easy, because his fans diligently record and share everything! 
I became more adventurous than ever. I attempted to learn Korean language, because I wanted to know the lyrics of his songs. First of all I learned to recognize his name written in Hangeul alphabet.  Now, I know some common expressions.. 😀 I learned a lot about Korea itself.
Also, because of Jung Dong Ha fever, I developed new hobby - watching Korean TV dramas - LOL - it's true!
Then, there was a big adventure to travel to his concert  near Washington DC!!! Wow, I saw his live performance, and I was NOT disappointed.
Finally, almost out of the blue, I decided I must  go to Korea to see him in the musical Notre Dame De Paris. I took advantage of the fact that my adult son went to Korea to teach. I felt it was a sign that I should just do it, while visiting my son. It was a once in a life time opportunity. It happened!!!! I visited Seoul, I went to the musical, and I even got to shake Dongha's hand, and get his autograph on a CD. And I got to meet a few of his fans in person and they were very nice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      
It's all in the past, enjoyable as it was. Nothing like this awaits me any more, I don't think so.
Following Jung Dong Ha became a steady hobby of  mine. It's still extremely enjoyable, but not as frenzied as before. I love being his fan, and I feel proud of  all his success. Cheers.